The Wonders of Cupping Massage Enjoyed in our clinic
This wonderful therapy dates all the way back to ancient Egypt, Asia and the Middle East. This “reverse” massage utilizes glass, silicone and plastic cups to decompress as well as gently lift the skin gently using suction. There are various techniques that can be implemented which depends on the body area and outcome you are looking for. This awesome technique can be used just about anywhere on the body can reach up to 4″ deep inside the tissue. At The Chakra House of Healing, we use essential oils on your skin and various techniques are implemented, to create the outcome you are wanting and needing.
How Does it Feel?
Most people find it extremely calming, soothing and relaxing. It is not painful generally; however, this depends also on your sensitivity and how intense you want the treatment. Basically what is happening during this massage is the cups are mimicking deep tissue massage and creates a “reverse” pressure by suctioning the skin into the cup. You may feel a warmth due to increased blood flow in the area that is being treated. You may also experience some redness or slight bruising. Our cupping is done at room temperature and essential oils are used to create a slick surface on your skin to massage, therefore heat is not used.
Occasionally, you will see cupping marks or cup kisses and these are not bruises. They are most usually a result of toxins being brought the surface, stagnation or lactic acid produced by the muscles and will fade away. If redness or itching occurs, it is inflammation that has been brought to the surface and will fade as well.
Benefits of Cupping
Practically everyone can benefit from cupping
- Pain and Stress in the body can be caused by stagnant blood, fluids, toxins and energy. Assists in draining those fluids, draws pathogenic toxins out of the body delivering fresh oxygenated blood in order to reduce inflammation.
- Improvement in immune system
- Increases circulation
- Improves lack of mobility
- Addresses connective fascia, Myofascial Release, Plantar Fasciatis,
- Digestive problems, IBS
- Respiratory issues (cold and cough), congestion, Asthma, Pneumonia
- Tooth pain
- Body Sculpting & Cellulite (amazing and works)
- Bursitis, Aches and Pains in the Joints
- Headaches and Migraines
- Athletic Stress, Injury Prevention
- Post-op Recovery
And on and on and on!
When can you see results?
After a few cupping sessions and in some cases right away. The effects of cupping are cumulative so each session just compounds on the last and should be used regularly for optimum results. Exercise, a healthy diet and plenty of water are recommended. We also have take home cups available for you to continue your treatments at home between full on sessions in the clinic. We are all about making you feel and look better.
Types of Cupping Massages
Initial appointment for all massages types begins with a consultation in order to fully understand your struggle, what you’ve tried and what outcome you would like to obtain. In most cases, we also include medical grade silicone cups for you to take home in order to continue the cumulative effects between sessions. This is all about you and getting you the results you have been wanting.
- Facial Cupping Massage with Thai Head Massage
- Facial Cupping Massage with Thai Food Reflexology Massage
- Cellulite Reduction Cupping Massage
- Targeted Area Cupping Massage
- Full Body Cupping Massage
An initial intake consultation is done during your initial session. A Thai Head Massage is included in your treatment. For best results: 6-12 facial cupping treatments recommended 1-2 times per week. Monthly follow- ups recommended to maintain results.
When cupping cannot be implemented?
- Cannot be used on open wounds, fresh scars, burned or broken skin or recent trauma
- Cannot be used if you have an empty stomach, or have been fasting
- Cannot be used if you are using blood thinners
- Cannot cup directly on varicose veins, bulging discs or lesions
- Cannot cup directly on areas of psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, hives, herpes, shingles, raised moles and skin cancer
Please Note – Temporary Redness, tingling and slight itchiness may be possible, but this is typically normal due to increased vascularity in the area cupped. These effects will disappear shortly.